LadyBeBop...Just an Overaged Kid

Hi. My name is Kathy, AKA LadyBeBop. This blog is combining two of my favorite things in this world...crocheting crazy things and Idol shows from all over the world. Yeah, I know they don't exactly relate..but...well I'm strange. :P

Friday, February 10, 2006

Day 1...in the books.

Well, the first day of the Crochet Olympics is over. Although I'm on pace to finish on time, I'm still disappointed. I finished 13 rows (doesn't sound like much, but there are numerous color changes per row. Pace is 10 rows, but I wanted to get between 15-20 rows completed. And tomorrow and Sunday are probably going to be my worst days, crochet wise...Today, an average row is about 10 color changes...coming up, rows that have 20 color changes. Well, they said I needed a challenge for the Olympics.

Turning to the International Idols...the semifinals of Norwegian Idol started Wednesday. I was just able to hear the first semifinals rounds today. Going through are Jonas Thomassen from Rygge and Anders Mjaaland from Kristiansand. Both are good. Jonas has this rough edge around him, and Anders has that sweet sound. The upset was that judges' favorite, Yolanda Myrbostad from Oslo didn't make it..in fact she only finished fourth in her group of eight. And my favorite, Gabrielle Leithaug of Stavanger, failed to even make the top four. Gabrielle has this real cool, soulful vibe. Chances are Yolanda is a shoe in for the Wild Card Show, but with her poor fan showing, Gabrielle is probably out.

Today was the second semifinal round, but I haven't heard any audio from it yet. Hopefully, I'll listen and comment tomorrow. Also tomorrow...top 6 in both Idols Netherlands (Dutch Idol) and DSDS (German Idol). Oddly enough, they both have the same theme...Love Songs. (Of course, that's probably a tribute to Tuesday)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home